🥇Best Online Blackjack Sites in Australia 2022
- Top software providers
- Mobile friendly games
- Safe payment options
- Fast withdrawals
- Loyalty rewards
- Bitcoin Payments
- VIP Program
- KatsuBet Tournaments
- Many Payment Methods
- 24\7 Live Chat
- Non Stop Rewards
- 5000+ Games
- Unique Loyalty Program
- 3000+ games
- Plenty of payment options
- Live chat 24/7
The main goal in this game is for either the player or the dealer to hit 21 or get as close as possible to 21 without going over. The first person to exceed 21 loses the hand. These casino blackjack games use multiple cards, up to 8 decks, depending on the version.
Several titles have varying house edges, payouts, and rule variations, but all try to achieve the main goal. Follow this guide to learn more about the best online blackjack Australia games.
🏆 What Are the Advantages of Playing Blackjack Online?
Blackjack is one of the most widely played games in online and land-based casinos. Online gameplay in casinos affords players flexibility because they can access a variety of exciting variants. They can even enjoy live blackjack casino gameplay from their homes. Read on for some benefits;
An evident advantage is that you can play anywhere – in the comfort of your home or on the go. Top-rated casinos allow gameplay on both desktop and mobile devices. You also get access to multiple versions without having to dress fancy. Players also get great customer support from live dealer blackjack Australia casinos.
🔥 Bonuses and promotions
Casinos online offer welcome bonuses to new players and other exciting promotions as incentives to existing players. These bonuses are usually very generous, and if you play well, you can use them to improve your bankroll and get a big cashout from fast payout casinos. Some platforms even have loyalty reward programs that give points for frequent play and deposits.
These points can either be used for gameplay or withdrawn. You can even enjoy free blackjack gameplay to learn the rules and strategies before risking your bankroll.
🔥 Lower house edge
Online blackjack games have generous tables and lower house edges, translating to bigger payouts. If you are looking to win big, they are perfect for you. Whether you choose blackjack online in Australia or the regular table version, the house edge is lower.
🔥 Orderly environment
If you prefer a more controlled setting, playing in land-based casinos may not be your thing, as they are often busy. With online blackjack, you can win big in your own space with whatever sounds you prefer. You also do not need to deal with loud, drunk people. You can also track your wins and losses and how much you’ve spent.
🔴 Live Dealer Online Blackjack
Technological advancements in recent years have made it possible for casinos to use virtual reality for casino live gameplay. Live blackjack dealer options are a more preferred way to play online. They allow players to get the full Vegas experience without leaving their homes.
Most casinos have several of the best live dealer blackjack options for players. Aussies can even enjoy live blackjack gameplay on various new online casinos. The best live blackjack online real money Australia games typically have up to seven seats, and players can interact with other players and the live dealer.
To start, visit the live dealers’ section and select a table based on betting limits, rule variation, and seat availability. Place your bets before the live dealer closes the betting by sliding your chips into the play area.
♠️ Real money online blackjack
Aussies can play 21 for real money blackjack casino games on many global casinos. Before risking your bankroll to play this casino game, it is advisable to try the demo and free play options.
This way, you can first prevent heavy losses and familiarize yourself with the rules and winning strategies while playing at an Australian casino. When picking gambling sites for online blackjack real money Australia casino gameplay, there are things to consider. Check their reputation, licensing, credibility, and banking options.
💳 Banking options for Online Blackjack Australia
The best blackjack sites Australia offer multiple banking methods for their players. Before playing blackjack casino games, it is important to know about these options. Read on as we look into the popularly accepted ones and their limitations.
💥 Traditional Bank Cards
Credit and debit cards are the most popular banking means for gambling in online casinos because they are secure and easy to use. We already use these cards daily, so why not on a favored online casino? The cards are issued by the bank and connected to the owner’s bank account to enable them to complete cashless payments. These financial transactions can be either physical or via web payment channels.
Simply enter the card details – 16-digit code, expiry date, and the 3-digit CVV number – to transact with this method. Banks have security measures in place, like a One-Time Password (OTP) that must be entered to complete the transaction. It is sent to your phone or email to prevent theft, so you cannot use this payment method if you don’t have access to it either.
This is one of the more preferred banking options. Some 1 dollar casinos allow players to enjoy blackjack when they use this method to deposit. Players can even get bonuses to play pokies by funding their bankroll using this option.
The main downside to using this banking option is the long processing time (3 to 5 days) required for withdrawals. The well-known VISA and MasterCard are your options when using this method.
This is a safer and faster transaction means for deposits and withdrawals. If you are skeptical about sharing your bank details on web channels, this is your option. A player simply needs to create an account with an e-wallet provider and transfer funds to a virtual account to use this service.
These accounts do not connect to your main bank account; hence, they provide security and anonymity for Australian online transactions. They also have high transaction speeds, with deposits processing instantly and withdrawals taking only a few hours.
The only downside to using this method is the service providers’ fees. Popular e-wallets for Australian players to use in depositing and withdrawing winnings on casino online platforms are Neteller, Skrill, and EcoPayz.
Currently, crypto is the most secure and most efficient transaction system globally. This method allows players their anonymity as it does not require personal and financial information. It is built on blockchain technology that uses a private and decentralized structure.
Australians’ most popular cryptocurrencies for betting at online casinos are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Dogecoin. Transactions with this method are extremely fast, and most online offer higher limits for this method. The only downside is the high volatility of the currencies. You can avoid this fluctuation in value by only purchasing the currency when you need to deposit and quickly selling it off when you withdraw.
⬇️ How To Play Blackjack Online Australia
Whether you are a fan of online blackjack or prefer the standard table game version, the gameplay is generally the same.
✅ The Strategy of Online Blackjack
There are several rules and strategies to employ when playing blackjack casino games. Before learning winning strategies, you need to master the rules of playing a blackjack casino game:
- All cards numbered 2-10 maintain their values
- Aces are worth 1 or 11, depending on the player’s choice
- All face cards (Jack, Queen, and King) are worth 10
- A player wins a blackjack if dealt an Ace and a 10 (total of 21) from the start of the game
- The banker wins once a player gets a bust (has a total exceeding 21)
- A player cannot play two aces after splitting them (sharing the same cards into two hands)
- Until the banker has a score of at least 17, he would continue to hit (ask for an additional card)
- If a player is satisfied with their cards, they may stand (hold their score and end a turn)
- The banker refunds the bet when a push occurs (a player and banker have the same hand value)
The blackjack house edge would always favor the house and keep players at a loss. To beat this casino game and win regularly, follow this simple guideline and learn the popular blackjack strategies.
This easy blackjack strategy allows players to split a pair of identical cards and double their bet value. These are the simple ways to use it;
- Always split aces and 8s, but never split tens
- If the banker gets cards 2-9, except 7, split your pair of 9s; else, stand
- If the banker gets cards 2-7, split your pair of 7s, else hit
- If the banker gets cards 2-9, split your pairs of 5s and 6s; else, hit
- If the banker gets cards 5 & 6, split your pair of 4s, else hit
- If the banker gets cards 2-7, split your pairs of 2s and 3s; else, hit
✅ Soft Totals
A soft total blackjack strategy is when one of the two hands is an ace, and the player counts the ace as 11 and not 1. For example, soft 16 is an ace card and a number 5 card. Use it in these simple cases;
- Soft 20 always stands (an ace and a number 9 card)
- Double soft 13 (an ace and a number 2 card) and soft 14 (an ace and a number 3 card) against banker 5 & 6, else hit
- Double soft 15 (an ace and a number 4 card) and soft 16 (an ace and a number 5 card) against banker 4-6, else hit
- Double a soft 17 (an ace and a number 6 card) against banker 3-6, else hit
- Double a soft 18 (an ace and a number 7 card) against banker 2-6, and hit against banker 9-ace, else stand
- Double a soft 19 (an ace and a number 8 card) against a banker 6, or else stand
✅ Hard Totals
A hard total is when one of the two hands is an ace, and the player counts the ace as 1 and not 11. For example, hard 5 is an ace card and a number 4 card. You can also use this approach when the hand does not start with an ace. A hard total can be a combination of any two cards, whether you have an ace.
- Hard 8 always hits
- Hard 11 always doubles
- Double a hard 9 against banker 3-6, else hit
- Double a hard 10 against banker 2-9, else hit
- Hard 12 stands against banker 4 -6, else hit
- Hard totals 13, 14, 15, and 16 stands against banker 2-6, else hit
- Hard totals 17-20 always stands
This basic blackjack strategy allows players to give up half of their bet after seeing their first two cards and the banker’s face-up card. You should not be afraid to surrender, as it can help you save funds in the face of a potential loss. The best times to surrender are;
- When you have a total of 16 and the banker has cards 9 through ace
- When you have a total of 15 and the banker has a number 10 card
Do not completely disregard this, but don’t use it consistently because you’re just wasting your bankroll if you do that.
✅ Side Bets
You can play online blackjack side bets to get a slightly higher payback ratio during a hand. These are some popular side bests that can increase your edge;
✔️ Perfect Pairs
This best means a wager on the chance that the two cards a player is dealt would be in the same rank. You can get a bigger payout if the cards are an exact match.
✔️ 21 + 3
Bet on blackjack the poker way with this side bet. It involves forming a winning combination like flush, straight, or three of a kind between your two cards and the banker’s face-up card.
✔️ Buster Blackjack
This is a double-edged sword that places a wager on the chance that the banker would bust. You also win your hand and get a double win and a bigger payout if you win this.
⬇ The Most Popular Types of Online Blackjack
There are several exciting blackjack versions that players can enjoy gameplay on. The most popular ones allow players to enjoy the more preferred live blackjack Australia.
👑 Classic Blackjack
This is the standard game version and a player’s favorite. It has the lowest house edge (0.5%). It is great for beginners, as it follows the basic blackjack casino rules. The main goal in this game is to get close enough to 21 or get a blackjack! (a score of 21) without going over.
At the start of the game, both the player and banker get two cards and get to either hit or stand. The loser is the first person to go over 21 (bust).
This standard blackjack casino version has the following features:
- It uses 2 to 4 decks of cards
- The banker hits on soft 17
- It allows both splitting and doubling
👑 European Blackjack
Like most European game variants, this blackjack casino version offers players slightly better odds than the standard game. Gameplay generally uses only two decks of cards, making the game more predictable, and giving players a higher chance of winning. The house edge here is lower at 0.39%, and its advantages make it the best for beginners.
Some other features that stand out in this version are:
- The dealer stands on soft 17
- A dealer vs. player blackjack results in a tie or push
- Players can only double down on a total of 9, 10, or 11
- The banker does not check for blackjack after the cards are dealt. This is a disadvantage as it means you continue making bets blinding without knowing who has the winning hand
👑 Atlantic City Blackjack
This game version follows the standard rules with little tweaks that reduce the odds for players. There is a higher house edge of up to 1.31%, and the game uses between 4 and 8 decks of cards. The high house edge makes this game a difficult one for beginners. You can try it out if you are used to playing blackjack casino games and want an exciting time.
Other game features that the Atlantic City version aside is:
- The banker stands on all hands, worth 17
- The banker checks for blackjack when the face-up card is an ace, a number 10 card, or a face card
- If the banker has a blackjack when showing an ace or a card worth 10, a player can use a surrender
- Aces are only split once
- Players can double on any hand, even after splitting
- Players can split up to 3 times
👑 Double Exposure
This is a rare blackjack casino version because the return to the player is up to 99%. The odds are high, so players can win a lot of money as beginners, but the house edge is also higher (0.67%). The game proceeds like a normal blackjack casino game, and players can hit, split, stand, and double down. The major feature of this game is that it exposes the banker by exposing both his cards at the beginning. This way, players can make decisions using that information.
Some other features here are:
- The dealer hits on soft 17
- Players can not use strategies and side bets like surrender, insurance, and multiple splits
- The payout here is 1 to 1, unlike 3 to 2 on other blackjack games
- The dealer wins on every push unless the player has a blackjack
👑 High Streak Blackjack
This version from Microgaming follows the rules in the standard European version and uses only two decks of cards. It follows most rules and has other features like:
- The banker stands on all totals worth 17
- Splitting is only possible once per hand
- If a player gets a combination of an ace and a card worth 10 after splitting a pair of aces, the result is 21, and it can be beaten by a blackjack
- Players can only double down on hard totals of 9, 10, and 11
👑 Hi-Lo 13 Blackjack
This game version follows the European blackjack casino game rules on the race to 21. It allows players three side bets with simple rules and a great payout, hence its name “Hi Lo 13”. Players can place these side bets after placing normal bets. They are a wager on whether the total value of their first two cards would be lower, higher, or exactly 13. A total of 13 pays 10:1, while a total above or below 13 pays 1:1.
Other important features in this version are:
- A player can only split once
- If a player draws a 10-value card after splitting an ace, it is 21, not blackjack
- A player can use the insurance bet when the dealer’s face-up card is an ace
- Surrendering and doubling are not available
👑 Spanish and Super Fun 21 Blackjack
This is a more popular variant that tweaks the rules to favor the players but still boosts the house edge. It is beginner-friendly and arguably more favored than the standard version. The house edge is about 0.38% but can go up to 0.78% using different house rules in some versions.
The payout structure here is different; 3:2 for a five-card 21, 2:1 for a six-card 21, and 3:1 for a seven-card 21. If the player has a 678 or 777 of mixed suits, the payout is 3:2, and if they are of the same suit, it pays 2:1. The game also pays a $1,000 bonus if the player has 777 of the same suit and the dealer has a 7 in any suit. This amount increases to $5,000 if the player places an initial bet exceeding $25.
Other features worthy of note are:
- The dealer stands on soft 17
- Player blackjack always wins against the dealer blackjack
- Players can re-split and double down even after splitting
1️⃣ Can you play blackjack online in Australia?
Yes. Several casinos allow Aussies to enjoy the exciting blackjack casino game online. Pick a reputable online casino, make a deposit, and start betting to enjoy the gameplay. Get the ultimate Vegas experience playing blackjack games with live dealers.
2️⃣ Can you play blackjack online legally?
Yes, players can enjoy the exciting blackjack without worrying about breaking the law. Indeed, the Australian gambling laws impose legal restrictions that prevent Australian casinos from offering card and table games to Aussies. However, it does not ban them from betting on games like Roulette and blackjack in offshore casinos.
3️⃣ Is there an online blackjack with real money?
Players can play all top online blackjack versions with real money. These games have high payouts, so you can win big with real money blackjack versions. It is advisable for beginners to first try out blackjack versions that allow free gameplay. This is because blackjack requires rules and strategies that you need to learn.
4️⃣ How do I start an online casino in Australia?
There are several things you need to do when starting an online casino for Aussies. First, get a license from a reputable gaming authority like Curacao or Kahnawake. Then decide on your gaming content (pokies are more common and have no restrictions, so start there).
You need to create a mobile-friendly website with a good user-interface and build a portfolio with titles from reliable software developers. Decide on a welcome bonus to draw gamblers to your site, and connect popular verified payment options to give users a seamless banking experience.